Let’s face it. After a car accident, your life is in your attorney’s hands.
Since law is not your expertise, you really don’t know (until your case is closed with a persistent injury and no money in your pocket) whether you’ve chosen the right personal injury lawyer to protect you and take care of you, your medical care, your car, and a fair compensation for your time and losses.
Here are six warning signs that you may have made the wrong choice.
- Your personal injury attorney doesn’t return your phone calls in a timely manner.
- Your personal injury attorney doesn’t regularly call you and keep you informed of the ongoing details of your case. How frustrating. You may feel lost at times, thinking, “What’s going on with my car accident case anyway?”
- Your personal injury attorney doesn’t help you find the best medical care for your injuries caused by the car accident or help monitor the effectiveness and cost of your treatment program.
- Your personal injury attorney doesn’t work with you to clear up your lingering confusion, questions, or fears.
- Your personal injury attorney just doesn’t seem to care about you.
- Quite frankly, you just don’t like the guy or the gal. The reason doesn’t matter.
Wondering about the competency of your accident lawyer?
The sooner you do something about it the better. Call him or her and have an honest discussion about your worries and/or find yourself the very best, trial-tested, experienced, caring personal injury attorney you can find.
Remember, it’s your body, your life, and your struggle with the short-term or lifelong consequences caused by this car crash that could haunt you long after the lawyer’s pay-off is in the bank.
If you experience any of these warning signs or just have an uneasy gut feeling about your accident attorney, find one who’s the best fit for you.
That first phone call could save you time, suffering, stress, money, and most importantly, your health and peace of mind. Give us a call at 360-406-4995 or visit us at our Port Angeles, Sequim, or Port Townsend office. We’d love to help you.
What a nightmare to find yourself at the closing of your claim with a lifelong injury and no money in your pocket.